My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Obituary- Demise of our Batchmate, Durumila Gunawardena





Manasara Wedisinghe
9:48 PM (6 hours ago)







      


 Dear All.

It  is  my  sad  and sorrowful  duty ,  to inform  you  of  the passing  away  of  our  dear  friend   Durumila Gunawardena.

The  news  was  passed  on to me  by   Udula Pathirana.

Details  of  the  funeral  arrangements   are  not  known.

Philip  :   please  put  this  notice  on  the  Blog.


Mana Wedisinghe

Asoka Jayaweera
10:07 PM (6 hours ago)







Thank you for notice. I had planned to visit her again when I was there for the re-union but elected not to when I heard about the decision her family and doctors / caretakers, had made because of her incurable and progressive neurological condition. Maybe I was a coward but I did not know how to react with her with this information. May she attain sumsara !
Duru's funeral
Inbox
x
Udula Pathirana
12:23 AM (3 hours ago)








to me
Dear Philip, 
Further to Wedi's message to you, I was told by Duru's husband that the funeral will be in Sunday in Kanatta. I didn't ask the time as I am in UK and cannot attend. But if you ring her home, 0112697188 you will be able to get the details from someone there. 
Hope you are well. Take care.
Regards
Udula

1 comment:

  1. Duru was a wonderful batch mate and an active participant and a very efficient member of the organising comm over last few occasions when we had our batch ReUnions in Sri Lanka.

    In spite of her severe physical disabilities she had to put up with over many years, she remained amazingly strong mentally. She had 24 hour care till her demise, and her loving family was so caring and fully devoted to all her needs to keep her comfortable.

    Sarojini and I last met her and Kumar in February 2018 when we chatted( her using the iPad as she could not get any voice effectively) for quite at length reminiscing our medical college days.
    She will be greatly missed by her family, friends and batch mates.

    We can offer our deepest sympathies and only share our sincere thoughts with the surviving family at this time of their great loss and severe grief.

    May she attain the ever.obing bliss of Nibbhana .

    Nana
    C.S.Nanayakkara

    ReplyDelete