My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Monday, April 27, 2020

Derryck de Silva



JEY GUNASEGARAM

Fri, Apr 24, 6:25 PM (3 days ago)


to Geri, renateziegler75, Farouk, me, sunil, Lucky, PUSHPA, Pushpa, Asoka, Chandran, chandran1941, Nihal, Nihal
Dear Geri,
I am cc to Renate too. she will be able to tell you what hospital he is in. She text me earlier this AM, that he has been extubated. ?May be able to speak. If so do tell him we are all routing for him . To be Strong. We all love him deeply.
What you are doing  is so comforting to both D & R.
I am still in New Mexico. We are 11 1/2 hrs behind SL.  I am on Viber & WhatsApp :- Mobile # 505 980 6965. Land 505-268 1627. had a birth day on April 22nd. My son made sure we had a memorable time ! I am Negative !
With Much Love,
Jey/Gunsie

>


 On April 24, 2020 at 3:11 AM Geri Jayasekara <sirgeri@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>
> Hi, Gunsie,
>
> I visited Derryck and had a long chat with him and Renate about a month ago. He was been cared for extremely well.
> Very sad to hear about the hospitalisation. If I know what hospital it is, I can find out details and maybe talk to him.
> The last I knew, you were in New Mexico. Are you still there?
> Hope this reaches you. Please respond.
> Best wishes and regards.
>
> Geri Jayasekara.
>
> Mobile: +94777336633


Hi Nihal, Asoka, Jey and others,

I have permission from Renate to disclose the email I sent her this morning. I know the attending thoracic surgeon Dr Waruna Karunaratne very well as he trained with me. He is a very good surgeon. 

Hello Renate,
I rang him now, as soon as I got your mail. He trained under me. 
D has had multiple secondaries from the bladder ca in his lungs and pleura leading to an infected effusion - empyaema. He had done a decortication successfully but warns that a recurrence is quite likely. He is now extubated and comfortable. Tomorrow, if the drainage is below 200ml he will remove the tube and will consider sending him home. He’s on chest physio and will have to continue with it. 
He will mention to D that I’m in touch with him. 
Regards.

Geri.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Geri
    Thank you for the information about Derryck. I am deeply saddened by the news but pleased he is more comfortable now. We were at school then medical school and UK although I was a couple of years junior to him. We worked together as SR’s in Radiology in London. I do hope life will be kinder to him.

    ReplyDelete