My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Bereavement, Neelanganie Seneviratne, Shanthie Samuel,

 

Inbox
x
Sunil Liyanage
Sat, Jan 25, 9:28 PM (8 hours ago)








to me
Dear Philip
After four years of great joy, happiness and bliss since I met my childhood sweetheart and married her (we were both widowed), my dear wife Neelanganie, known professionally as Shanthie Samuel, founder of Uthum Pathum Greetings and Gifts, passed away on 22nd January.
Needless to say, I am shattered.  I have informed a couple of batchmates directly, and Asoka D attended the funeral today
I have been living predominantly in Sri Lanka since 2016, with spells in England
Neela was at school in Visakha in the 1950s when her name was Seneviratne; was later with the UN Office in Colombo and Sierra Leone, and then with Samuel Engineering
Would you please circulate this message.
Even email words of comfort would be welcome.  There may be old school friends of hers.  And I am sure every batchmate in Sri Lanka would have bought a card from Uthum Pathum for the spouse or family.
Regards

Sunil Liyanage
+94 775 607 230
+44 7850 497190 and What’sApp
Please note:
My new email address: sunil@liyanage.me
Messages sent to sunilpl@btconnect.com will continue to be forwarded to me for some time

Hello  Sunil,
It is indeed sad to hear of your loss. Childhood friends are indeed precious. The poet aptly describes their loss in the words -
'Oh for the touch of a vanished hand,
And the sound of a voice that is stilled ...'
Our condolences go to you.
I have posted this in our batch blog.
Philip & Ramya.

No comments:

Post a Comment