My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Dr.Tissa Kappagoda, e.mailed on 22/6/2006


E.mail responses to the 'Remembered Vignettes' written by me

This is so vivid. I have spent the best part of thirty years chasing Claude Bernard and his internal environment!  This was the topic of the oration I gave earlier this year at the SLMA.  Professor Koch's lectures were exactly as you described them.   Their significance dawned on me 10 years later when I started doing research in Leeds.  Things went the full circle for me when I was invited by the Physiologists in Colombo to deliver his memorial lecture.  Professor Basnayake was in the audience and he came up to me before the lecture and asked me if I remembered him!  How could one forget these people?
 Best wishes,
 Tissa


No comments:

Post a Comment