My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Penis caught in a zip fastener

1. Incident in Ceylon
Working as Doctors we come across mothers of children coming wailing into the consultation room, relating in a loud voice, for all and sundry to hear, the illnesses of their children. One such incident was related by Dr. Bultjeans working as a GP in the south of Sri Lanka. One day when the waiting room of the Doctors Clinic was crowded, a woman preceded by a man carrying a toddler, came shouting into the doctors presence shouting 'Dosthera Mahaththayo, meeya ship ekey ahuwela' literally translated it meant 'Doctor Sir, the mouse has got caught in the ship'. It took some time for the Doctor to understand the local lingo. 'Meeya' referred to the penis and 'ship' was a mis-pronunciation of the word Zip. It meant the toddlers penis had got caught in the zip fastener of the toddlers shorts. The patients waiting to see the doctor were highly amused and the toddler was calmly watching the mothers performance.
2. At casualty OPD in Gravesend, Kent, UK.
I arrived in London in February 1972, on 'no-pay' leave to do my FRCS, on a two year study leave. I found lodging at the Ceylon Students hostel at Kensington. It was a badly maintained 4 storey building. Two of us shared a single room. There was a coin-operated gas meter inside the room and it was bitterly cold. The saving grace was a well prepared lunch in the canteen below at a relatively cheap price of 30 pence if I remember right. Bed and breakfast cost one pound and fifteen pence. The lunch hour was crowded and Ceylonese, Indians and even some whites used to come there for a tasty meal. After I obtained my medical practice insurance cover and registration in the GMC, I was ready to start work in a week's time from arrival. I applied for an Accident and Emergency Senior House Officer vacancy, in the Gravesend and North Kent Hospital, in Gravesend. Bed and breakfast and any amount of tea with biscuits was free for the resident doctors. There was a furnished heated single bed room; and a common kitchen and toilets. The place of work was 100 yards away. I was on call on the 'bleep'. I was allowed to come to my room and cook, read or sleep during duty hours. Duty hours were 12 hour shifts on alternate days. I was on call on alternate week-ends. There was no overtime paid those days. 20 pence was charged from patients to fill a medical slip. Since it was an industrial area the collection from these slips was enough to cover my day to day spending. I did not spend any money from my salary which went directly to my bank account. At the end of three months I had about thousand three hundred pounds in the bank. The price of a detached house in Gravesend those days, started at three thousand and five hundred pounds.
One of the many cultural shocks came to me in the following way, in the first week of my work. A pretty young girl, maybe about 18 years old, came inside the doctor's room, in the accident service. I wished her a good morning and inquired from her what the problem was. She said that it was not her but her boy friend seated outside, who was the patient. I asked her what was wrong with him. She said that he had caught his penis in the zip of his trousers. He was feeling shy to come inside.
In Ceylon of those days, a girl would never admit that she had a boy-friend, let alone say that she had come to the hospital with him and with his penis stuck in the zip of his trousers. Our Ceylonese female would have run a mile, away from the scene.
Here in the UK, of the early 1970's, a girl friend dragged her boy friend, to the doctor. I felt too embarrassed to ask whether she was the guilty party. I infiltrated the area with a local anesthetic, and retraced the path of the zip releasing the penis painlessly. I gently told the girl friend not to cuddle and kiss the boy friend too much over the next few days as it might provoke an erection of the penis, triggering fresh bleeding from the wound. I expected to see a blush on her face but was disappointed.

Comments
Benitta Stephen More tragic incident happened years ago...related by my dept colleague. In the cinema the girl had an epileptic fit while indulging in oral sex and penis got clamped between her teeth ...the boy bled to death!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment