My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

email from Vijitha Nikapota re Anula.


Vijita Nikapota

2:33 PM (3 hours ago)


to Hiranthi-Travis, me
Thank you very much Philip for this appreciation.
I was to write to you but because I was so involved, with all the complications resulting from the tragedy, I told Travis to inform you until I was back in England.
This morning Damita and I start our final lap of the drive to Stockholm.
Anula and I have experienced innumerable long drives in many different countries. Sweden was one of her favourites especially in summer.
From Stockholm, I fly to London and Damita to Colombo. Anula will probably make the flight to U.K. on 12/4, although attempts were made for her to be on the same flight as me on 11/4.

One small correction Dr  Basnayake was not an orchestral player but was an excellent pianist.
He often accompanied Anula’s violin playing.
The orchestral conductor was Earle de Fonseka with whom we also played string quartets with Travis included.
Please keep in touch.
Yours sincerely,
Vijita.

No comments:

Post a Comment