My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Saturday, April 6, 2019

SUCH SAD NEWS OF ANULA


Inbox
x

Udula Pathirana

2:28 PM (2 hours ago)


to csn48@aol.com, Pearl, me, M.P., Ranjini, Daya, Kamalini, lawrenceratnam@aol.com, Sunil, Sriyani, “Devi, Andrew, makulr@hotmail.com, Colvin, n.shanmuganathan@02.co.uk, Derrwik, vasanti, Asoka, “Arjuna, JEY, Shanthi
Dear Pearl,
Thanks very much for sharing the very sad news about Anula.  Anula was a dedicated batch mate who participated in all except the last reunion. She will be sadly missed if at all we have another one. I offer my deepest sympathies to Vijitha and the family. May she RIP. 
Udula


On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 at 1:32, CHARITH NANAYAKKARA
<csn48@aol.com> wrote:
Thanks Pearl for sharing the sad news of another batch mate of ours - Anula who would be sadly missed by Vijitha & all her surviving family, friends and all her patients.

I can share your kind sentiments about Anula. She was a very sincere, and a true friend who was caring, loving and followed the Hippocratic Oath to the letter.

She was always smiling and dedicated  colleague with great humility.

Please offer our deepest sympathies to her surviving family. 

Nana

C.S.  Nanayakkara

Sent from my I Pad

On 5 Apr 2019, at 23:28, Pearl <pearl.hetti@sky.com> wrote:
Dear All,
I was telephoned early this morning by Shanthi Parameswaran that Dear Anula passed away yesterday. I don’t know the details but i am informed it was an acute Cerebro Vascular event. I tried to contact Vijitha but was unable to get through.
Anula gave an outstanding service in the UK to Psychiatry but in addition for many decades served in our mother land to develop Mental Health Services. Sidney & I also met them at Rasamuttiah’s funeral in London. Lawrence & Udula were also present. They both looked well. They came for every reunion of our batch but sadly the last reunion in 2018 clashed with a prior engagement they both had in Music. They continued to give so much joy to many in the gift of music that they both were blessed with.
We are both truly sad as we are very fond of both Anula & Vijitha. May she rest in peace & as a christian I have to say she has returned home.
Love
Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment