My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Old emails


Hi Philip,
Thank you for your mail. Although I had not kept in touch, I knew you had great potential behind your rather 'leftist' views. My impressions of your potential have been justified!
Well I came over to England to do my Fellowship. Rajasuriya gave me a WHO schol which I refused. In 1983 I thought I made a wise decision to stay back.
Got a little bored with anaesthetics, so took up ITU, Pain Relief, etc. 1998 the year my oldest daughter married saw me as one of the three finalists in the Hospital Doctor of the year, UK in a glittering ceremoney at the Grovesner in London.
I retired end last year, and am feeling my way to keep me busy. I am doing a City & Guilds Level II computer course now. May do languages later. We have 2 grand daughters about a mile from us, and they keep us busy.
My second daughter did her MRCP and Diploma in Topical Medicine and Hygeine (Liverpool), and then volunteered herself to MSF in Darfur for six months. She had to cross the border between government (rebel!) forces and freedom fightiers during her duties. On one occasion she and her whole team had to be evacuated as an emergency when fighting broke out. Thankfully she is back in England at Bristol. Third girl is a fourth year medic at Bristol.
We'll keep in touch.
Victor

From Palitha Vidanagama

hey, phillip, thanx for the wonderful memories. and news about you all. after graduation i was at kandy, galle ramboda etc. i married chitra de almeida from peradeniya med school 3rd batch. we moved to usa in 73 and after post grad training in psychiatry at johns hopkins joined emory med school  in atlanta. i am full time faculty member and continue to do some administration , teaching and clinical work.life is busy but rewarding.we have one daughter . she finished degree in fashion.we come to sl yearly.we stay in gangodawila or at jaela. let us try to meet when we come next time. wishing you all the best, palitha


8. Dear Phillip,

This story is so typical of both the times and you!
I hope to be in Sri Lanka in March to give the SLMA oration on the 22nd. 
I don't know if you are a member of the the association or not. It would
be good to see you again if you are around.
Tissa Kappagoda

Hello everyone,
It's nice to hear from batchmates,& to remember the good times of the old days..
Yes,sounds like a good idea to recollect some of those  old events.
ChandraPitigala(nee Ranasinghe) 

Dear Philip,It is great pleasure to hear from you. I will send a few jokes
later. I often think of you and your postgraduate work on buddhism. Please
send me your address and phone number so that when I am in srilanka next I
like to tap your mind on buddhist topics.  Take care with best wishes. 
Daya Jayasinghe.
 
Hi All,
    I am forwarding this message from Buddy and would love each of you to
send it to the Med. School graduates of the 60s and 70s in your address
book.
    Location for this get together is Melbourne, Australia  and
                                    the dates are December 1st - 3rd  2006
    More to follow but clearly Buddy and Mahendra need to know how many are
hoping to go to Australia.
Do read the message and let the information flow. We may be able to get some
of our missing E mail addresses in the process as well.
        Best Wishes
                            Hema



No comments:

Post a Comment