My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Friday, September 6, 2019

Barclay George (Buddy) Reid.




D.O.B. 4/11/40
Internship -Lady Ridgeway -Prof. CC de Silva
                GHC -Dr. K.G.Jayasekera
Other postings - MO, OPD Colombo South, AMOH Dehiwala,
SHO GHC Orthopaedics -Shanmugalingam, SHO GHC -Dr. Leslie Jayasuriya,
Overseas Postings - (Australia) Senior resident  and later, Casualty
registrar Darwin Hospital,
Surgical registrar Royal Melbourne Hospital and Wangaratta Hospital,
Senior Registrar Repartiation Hospital Melbourne and Dandenong Hospital
Visiting surgeon (public hospitals) - Oakleigh, Springvale, Burwood and
William Angliss Hospitals
Visiting surgeon  (Private Hospital) - South Eastern, Valley, Epworth,
Bethesda and Waverley Private hospitals and a few others on and off.
Present position - Retired from Operative Surgical practice. Currently
Tutor, Faculty of Medicine Monash University and Independant Medical
Assessor for the Victorian Workcover Authority (Workers Compensation Board)
Hobbies - Cricket, Table Tennis, music.
Cricket - Former University captain,Ceylon captain and opening batsman.
Table Tennis - Former University captain,Ceylon captain and three times
Ceylon National champion.
Currently in over 60 years and 65 years Veterans competitve Table Tennis in
Australia and internationally. Currently Victorian State over 65 champion,
Australian over 65 doubles champion , and World Championships silver
medallist over 65 in championships held in Germany.
Music - amatuer clarinettist playing mostly in church
          singer/song writer - have a couple of CD's of no value.

Family - physically lost my wife, Peace in 2002 to a non smoker's lung
cancer but she has kept her promise never to leave me. She has been seen in
a vision with Jesus Christ and has also appeared to me and my two children
and eldest grandson. She has also held my hands when I was ill two years
after and keeps in touch with me often in ways identifiable to me. My faith
is consequently 100%.

I live in the same house with my daughter Sonali (PhD in Molecular biology),
attached to University of Melbourne and her husband Dr. Darren
LeBrocque(Australian) and their three boys Eddie 6yrs, Jonathan 3.5 yrs and
Benny 2 yrs.  My son Shannon is a consultant psychiatrist in the field of
Forensic Psychaitry.
Photos may follow when my daughter is less busy.
Postal address - 195 Barker's Road, Kew 3101, Victoria, Australia.
Phone 03 9819 5373

Thanks for compiling the details of our batch and the contacts we have made
of our old friends through your Email network.
Sincerely,
Buddy


Update 10/9/2019


 

What a wonderful blog! I have learned so many wonderful things  about my batchmates through it.
As for me, there are a few updates with which I have been blessed.
I now have 6 grandsons (but no grand daughters). I was one of 5 boys with no sisters.
In Table Tennis - 
World champion over 75 years - 2016 In Spain
World doubles champion over 65 in 2006 in Germany
World doubles champion over 75 years in 2018 in Los Vegas. Caught up with old pal Lambert Abeytunga there.
Australian champion over 65 years  once and over 75 years 4 times.
My son represented Australia over 40yrs  in Fencing in the Commonwealth Fencing championships in Singapore and thus we have the unique honour of being the only Sri Lankan father and son to have represented Australia.
All a bit hard for me  to believe regarding the small boy who used to play cricket on the gravel road down Hamers Place, Wellawatte and Table tennis on the dining table with detective books laid across as the net. I sometimes wonder whether it is true.. 
Cheers,
Buddy

Hello Buddy,
Long ago I heard of a belief of the Greeks, that when a child is born, it
has started on a journey, seeking it's matched partner. Throughout it's life
the being keeps searching, till it finds its perfect match. I am sure that
you found this in your life. It does not stop there but continues after
life. The physical life is not one percent of your existence according to
the mystics. In the bible it has been described as 'the vale of tears'. The
greater Good and greater Joy follow, as sure as the sunrise. This I beleive
in. I am sure what you saw, was of a greater reality, beyond human
cogniscance. The duties on earth have to be fulfilled as if performing a
debt, before your time comes, to qualify to reach that ultimate reality.
Here is wishing you all the best.
Philip


Thanks Phillip,
While I miss her, there is a joy in knowing that she is in the presence of
the great love of God and an enormous admiration for her on her wonderful
achievement. I hope to reach there too but only through the mercy of God.
Until then there are still people to look after.
God bless you,
Buddy


No comments:

Post a Comment