My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Friday, September 6, 2019

Priya Ratnayake



Well,I did my internship at Badulla
GH then continued to work there till1968,when I decided to get married.
I did general surgery with Dr P.M.Jayawardane &Paediactrics under Dr.Eric Aiyadurai,He insisted that I remain as his senior mo for further 2yrs.Transfered to Colombo first blood bank training 1mnth,left & joined anti TB campaign till 1970 & then joined central VD clinic as assistant Bacteriologist till 1972.Did not like sitting in font of a mic.& asked for an app in the central vd clinic which they gladly gave.went on a WHO schol
to UK to do a DPH at London Uni,was appointed consultant,venereologist in 1976.Went to UK in 1981 to 1984,worked as a consultant,in GU med,came back
& was appointed in charge of central VD clinic.Due to personel reasons I had to leave my mother land & work in Hong Kong as an MO in geriactric medicine.You would know how hard it would have been for me to change the speciality at that age.but thanks to our good training I did excell in that too.Looked after the ICU etc.I was so stressed all the time wondering whether I had done the very best for the patient.Worked there for nearly 10 yrs & they really loved me.In 1998 we decided to retire to NZ hoping that
at least one child might decide to come over.But our two girls are very well settled in USA they now want us to join them over there.
 I got married in Jan 1968 ,I was swept off my feet when I first met the handsome young sandhurst qualified army officer.He joined Air Lanka in 1980 and we travelled quite a bit.He was the country manager for Air Lanka in HK when I decided to go over.I think I have given enough details for now.Wish
you the very best of luck.Priya (Priya Ratnayake)


No comments:

Post a Comment