My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

email from Buddy Reid


Buddy Reid

Mon, 9 Sep, 19:34 (11 hours ago)

to me
Dear Philip,
What a wonderful blog! I have learned so many wonderful things  about my batchmates through it.
As for me, there are a few updates with which I have been blessed.
I now have 6 grandsons (but no grand daughters). I was one of 5 boys with no sisters.
In Table Tennis - 
World champion over 75 years - 2016 In Spain
World doubles champion over 65 in 2006 in Germany
World doubles champion over 75 years in 2018 in Los Vegas. Caught up with old pal Lambert Abeytunga there.
Australian champion over 65 years  once and over 75 years 4 times.
My son represented Australia over 40yrs  in Fencing in the Commonwealth Fencing championships in Singapore and thus we have the unique honour of being the only Sri Lankan father and son to have represented Australia.
All a bit hard for me  to believe regarding the small boy who used to play cricket on the gravel road down Hamers Place, Wellawatte and Table tennis on the dining table with detective books laid across as the net. I sometimes wonder whether it is true.. 
Cheers,
Buddy

My Dear Buddy, 
You were tall and always 'outstanding' in the batch. I heard that you and your brothers made history in cricketing circles at St. Thomas College, Mt Lavinia, long before you entered the Medical Faculty. Keep on making history in Australia.
Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment