My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Monday, September 16, 2019

Snippets from emails received long ago


Hello Phillip,
Please circulate this among my batchmates.
I am proud to say that the Kandy Matale railway line was built by my ancestor James Henry Reid, but that is where my pride ends and my shame begins. He built the railway line directly to the coffe estate belonging to his brother so that his brother could transport his coffe easily to Colombo. This is the real reason for the railway line having a dead end at Matale.
Buddy

Clarence Perera
He was head & shoulder above everyone in College house.
Once there was a movie at Savoy- called Wattusi. It was advertised 
that all 6 footers would be admitted free. So Claro & I went along. I 
was asked to stand against a wall which had a mark at 6 ft. I just 
cleared it by half an inch. Next in line was Claro- the manager just 
waved him through  without question!. We both saw the movie free of 
charge

You may remember Rajan Nathaneal who was at College House. When CH 
closed all residents were moved to Bloem and there was a "fight " 
between the two groups re ragging. Natho was no good in fighting. So 
he went over to the peaceful Patrick Chelliah who would not 
participate in the fight and gave him a punch !
Natho now lives in Sydney - he never worked as a doctor in Australia 
but seems to keep himself occupied in voluntary work.
Was   Wikramachandran in your year- He is doing O&G somewhere in 
Queensland
Fredo Benjamin



Hi Philip

Thanks-Looking forward to the book and the E_Mails Im sure they will be inspiring and spiritually uplifting.We all need such resources as the space for life shortens.Shall make the PayPal payment on receipt of details.

I have been here in Newcastle since 84 when I abruptly had to leave Kandy.Since then I!ve been practising as a Gp and now just do 2 afternoons.I play golf often as I live adjacent to a Course and have friends also keen on a hit-Rather spoiling a good walk.

My 3 children have been successful in their endeavours and are Happy here-dont think they would have had any prosperity if we stayed in SL.There are now 5 grand kids .Australia has lots of opportunities for anybody motivated to have a go!

We are in winter but only the nights are cold.

Srian De Silva lives close by -He was about your time. We have done a few Safaris to Africa as he is a keen wild life enthusiast.

Bye for now

kind regards

Hamilton Koelmeyer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment