My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Friday, September 6, 2019

email from Heather Knower


Dear Phillip and Ramya
Thank you for your e-mail and the lovely Christmas wishes.It was wonderful
to hear from you. I did not think you would remember me ,after so long!
Where are you now, and what do you do? I have retired  out here after 35 yrs
of Anaesthesia in Sri Lanka and I am enjoying a well earned rest!I live with
my eldest son ,his wife and 2 kids in Perth and I am really enjoying being a
grandmother! Nala would have told you I have 14 grand children and a 15th in
the way. how about you? what have you achieved  ?Do mail back and keep in
touch . I sometimes meet Meththa Muniratne, Buddy Reid ,Carlyle and Travis
Perera and Daya Jayasinghe in Melbourne when I visit my daughter there Daya
actually practices a few doors next to my daughter's house. I am also i n
touch with Imalda De Sayrah in Sydney It would be lovely to catch up with
more batchmates.
  A very happy Christmas and a wonderdul New Year to you both!

Heather


Hello Heather,
Thanks for your reply. How can we ever forget you. I remember Dr.Janz telling in a lecture one day, "Heather Knower, you are like a tower". We were all pygmies in the batch.
I did my FRCS and did my stint as Consultant Surgeon in Batticaloa, Rathnapura, Kandy and finally Colombo. When I retired in the year 2000 June I was Senior Surgeon in the NHSL (former GH Colombo). I was in charge of our honoured teacher Dr.Batholomews's Surgical unit.
I have two daughters, both doctors married to doctors. Elder one Queenie has done an MD in Anaesthgesia and Intensive care and is on two years study leave in UK. Her Husband Dr.Alagiyawanne is an MSc. Community Medicine, has finished Part I MD in Community Medicine and is on 2 years leave in UK with Queenie and their 3 and a half year old son, our only grand-son. My second daughter Shuiranie is doing a Diploma in Transfusion medicine at the moment in SL. She is married to Dr.Wickremasinghe who is SHO Medicine at NHSL. They have no children yet.
After retirement I did an MA in Buddhist studies at the Kelaniya University. At the moment I am learning French. Ramya and me had a 4 month holiday in the UK with my daughter and returned to our Paradise Isle 4 weeks ago. I have my own practice in Avissawella, my wife's home town   and do medicine as a hobby.
I will keep you posted.
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying life with your grand-children.
Philip


No comments:

Post a Comment