My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Remembering Iqbal Rahim


 I have heard the sad news of the death of another batch mate of ours- Iqbal Rahim.

 I do not know if others were aware of this sad news but this was very sad news to me as I have lost another very sincere and a good friend of ours.

Iqbal came over to UK to pursue  training in Paediatrics and continued to work in community paediatrics and chronic disability. He was a very friendly but quiet colleague who was sociable and helpful.
He took retirement from the NHS couple of years ago, but continued to do locum work intermittently.
I used to meet him at various venues- sometimes social events and some times on academic forums.
 He had passed away in September 07 and is survived by his wife and 2 grown up children.

You can pass this on to others in our batch for those who were not aware of this sad news.

 Our thoughts are with his surviving family

Regards

 Nana

Really sad..I have been trying to contact Iqbal for quite sometime but in   vain. He was my "body " mate at the block and my prodder all the way
to the finals.He knew I was sluggish at studies and had    no qualms in nagging me to it.Had a great sense of humour, as most of us did.
I wanted   tomeet him in uk in Sept .Sadly it will not be so.Could I have the family contact?

RAGU

yes Philip,
I heard about Iqbal passing away sometime ago and
I may have emailed you about it.
Iqbal was a close friend from about the fifties. I used to be in and out of his house in those days.
Iqbal's parents kept an OPEN house. Any friends of their children were most welcome.
Many of  us still cherish their gracious hospitality.
Those of us who remember Radio Ceylon of the early fifties would recall the QUIZ KIDS programme.
Iqbal was a Quiz kid together with Lalith Athulthmudali, Gerry Paranahetty,Allenson Meedin et al.
Iqbal's siblings have distinguished themselves in their various spheres of interest.
Ismeth Raheem is a distinguished Architect and was a close associate of the Late Geofrey Bawa.
His sister Dr.Ryhana Raheem is Prof. Of English at Kelaniya.
The Arrow of time can only move forwards. Such are the Laws of Physics and the Universe..

No comments:

Post a Comment