My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Dr. Malin Weeraratne, Husband of Kamalika.


Your comment about your grandson’s antics, reminds me of my own childhood.

My mother used to say, that I used to dismantle any mechanical toy, even before we reached home from the shop.

She said I was curious about the innards, or ‘bada’, in the vernacular, literally, stomach.

I once broke open a 78 rpm record, to see from where the music came.

When we were about 10 years old, my childhood buddy, Harry Rasiah, and I, would spend Saturday mornings, building models with our Meccano sets.

I do this with my grand daughters now, when time permits.

My interest in cars, and auto mechanics, stem from those early days, and I still do most of my routine maintenance stuff on my cars.

Malin.

Recalled Oldie


Judy


  
Comments:-

CHARITH NANAYAKKARA

6:12 AM (1 hour ago)


to me, Daya, victor, daya
Thank you very much Philip for sharing these flash backs with such nostalgia.
Pleased to note we can still read these anecdotes and have a hearty laugh with many of our batch mates.

Best wishes to you for keeping the flame still burning.

Nana
C.S.Nanayakkara

 

No comments:

Post a Comment