My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Obituary - Piyaratne Ameratunge, Husband of our batch mate Dr. Kusuma Gunawardena


Mana Wedisinghe

7:49 AM (9 hours ago)


to me
Thank you Philip  for ending me the  new web link to our  Batch Blog website.

As I mentioned in my previous  conversation with you   , it is with  deep sadness that I report the  death  of 

Mr  Piyaratna Amaratunga .whose obituary notice  I attach.

Mr  Amaratunga   -   husband of our    batchmate     Kusuma   Gunawardana was a Civil Engineer  , working for   Ceylon Government  Railways (CGR)   first  and later  in a Private  Company.

He passed away after  brief illness.

Obituary that  appeared in Dailynews  of 7th September 2019.

AMARATUNGA - MR. PIYARATNA, beloved husband of Kusuma, loving father of Channa and Chanaki, father-in-law of Kalani, grandfather of Biyanka, brother of Karunananda and Swarna. Remains will lie at 9/4, Costa Avenue, Kadawatha Road (off Anderson Road), Kalubowila, Dehiwala. Cremation will take place on 8th September 2019, 4 p.m. at the Nedimala Cemetery, Anderson Road, Kalubowila.089552
I shall be thankful ,if it is published in the  Batch Blog.
Thank you.

Email address of Kusuma -

amare.pa@gmail.com 
 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kusuma

    I read the sad news of the death of your beloved husband from the information shared by Mana Wedisinghe.

    We are very saddened to hear this upsetting news.
    We can only share our sincere thoughts and deepest sympathies during this time of your great loss and your grief.

    Please accept our heart felt condolences and share with all your surviving famil.

    We are thinking of you

    Best wishes

    Nana
    C.S.Nanaykkara

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Kusuma,This is to convey my condolences to you on the passing  away of your husband. Everything is 'Anicca' but the sweet memories will remain with you in your lifetime.Philip &  Ramya

    --
    Philip Veerasingam

    ReplyDelete